Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Things to come

Well, I'm surprised that Blog Protective Services hasn't snatched away this site due to neglect, and given it to someone who is a more consistent documenter of life. But since they haven't, I'll update it. Nikki and I now have a Soda Stream, a machine that let's you carbonate your own water for soda etc, thanks to a pile of neglected Macy's giftcards leftover from holidays. I just used it to make a 'Lapsang Souchong and Tarragon Julep', with a touch of smokey scotch. It somehow is good, and if I played with the balance of flavors a bit, might be worth making for people. For whatever reason I've recently been thinking up mixed drinks, almost entirely by accident. And this is happening despite the fact that I typically don't care for coctails. Some of this might be flavor creative blow-off from not brewing beer for some months because of space constraints. anyway, here is a link that you should click on: Today was a good day. made espresso for Nikki slept in late. Put public health lectures on my iphone and walked through park slope to downtown brooklyn. joined a credit union with Nikki. deposited 50 Euro left over from Italy to start them. The tellers were behind bullet-proof plexiglass. They were extremely nice and somehow pronounced my last name right on the first go just from looking at my license, something only 1 in 2.7 people are able to do. After that I walked to the, there's not another word for it -fabulous- , Brooklyn Public Library. There I paid a machine 26$ so that they'd stop sending me grumpy letters. The debt settled, I walked down sunny 7th avenue and bought baby herb plants from a rack in front of an organic food market run entirely by middle aged chinese women apparently. Basil, thyme, and lavender for like, $7...not bad. Got home, dropped the pots next to my sad looking, wounded plants who soldiered out the winter in our studio apartment under a compact fluorescent lightbulb. That includes a fig tree and olive tree somehow. Up the stairs, put on the absurd slippers I wear inside our home- hong kong knockoff plastic-y marshmallow looking fake crocs that I got at a 99 cent store...8 months ago. Anyway, long story short-er I made dinner with: [{Olive Brine^Thyme[Chicken]}: (parsnips,onion,yellow squash)/(Barley+thyme water)]x Pressure Cooker x 15-17 minutes = worth trying. descaled the coffee machina, cleaned up mess I made. mixed some earthworm casting 'tea' for the above-mentioned moribund plants- don't ask. Made the drink above as well. Resurrected the blog. Not bad.

1 comment:

M said...

glad to see the blog again.